Xbox Live Gold is required to join a party and play Bleeding Edge online if you are using an Xbox One console, make sure your subscription is active and up to date before matchmaking.
Before you begin troubleshooting your connection, check for service alerts on the Xbox Live Status page.
On Windows 10
- Ensure you have Xbox Game Bar installed on your system before you launch Bleeding Edge. This should be installed by default with Windows 10.
- Push "Windows + G" to bring up Xbox Game bar.
- Ensure the "Xbox Social" tab is open by selecting it from the drop down menu at the top of the Xbox Game Bar.
For more information on the Xbox Game Bar check out the Xbox support article or our page on accepting/sending game invitations on Windows 10.
On Xbox One
If you are experiencing issues connecting with other players over Xbox live, you could be encountering problems relating to network address translation (NAT).
For the best online experience make sure your NAT Type is open, you can check this on your Xbox One console by completing the following steps:
- Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button in the centre of your controller.
- Scroll right in the guide to the System area
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Test NAT Type
To resolve any issues your Xbox might be having connecting to your friends please visit the Xbox Support site for the Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution.
If you're still having trouble you can contact Microsoft directly for support