During the technical alpha you will not need Xbox live gold to participate in online play, however it is necessary for party chat on Xbox One consoles.
On Windows 10
If you're playing on a PC you will not require Xbox Live Gold to play Bleeding Edge online, you can still cross play with friends on Xbox One consoles but they will require Xbox Live Gold
On Xbox One
When the full game is released you will require access to an active Xbox Live account to play Bleeding Edge, an Xbox live Gold account is required for online play.
If you do not have an active gold subscription for your Xbox Live account you will still be able to load up Bleeding Edge, you can access offline features such as training and the Dojo. Matchmaking and all other online sections of the game require an active Xbox Live Gold account for access.
To upgrade your current Xbox Live account to a Gold Account via your Xbox One, follow the steps below:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Under Account, select Subscriptions.
- On the Subscriptions screen, select Learn about Gold membership.
- Select Continue.
- On the Xbox Live Gold page, select the level of membership you want. If you have a prepaid subscription code, you can redeem it by selecting Use a code. To exit without signing up for a membership, select No thanks.
- If you don't already have a credit card on file, enter your credit card information by selecting Add a credit card.
- Follow the remaining steps to set up your Xbox Live Gold account.
Don't have an account? You can create an Xbox Live account via your Xbox One console or Xbox.com