Make sure you have successfully downloaded and installed any updates for you controller via the updates tab on your Xbox One:
- Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console and install the latest system update if prompted to do so.
- If you have a stereo headset adaptor, plug it into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.
- If you're using a stereo headset adaptor, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adaptor will turn on).
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System>Settings>Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.
- Select Device info, select the Firmware version box, and then select Continue.
When the update is complete, you can update additional controllers. If they can only be updated via USB, see Update via USB. Otherwise, select the Update another button on the screen after the first update is complete, and then follow the steps.
If you're still having trouble you can contact Microsoft directly for support